Saturday 22 November 2014

Christmas market, Santa & Fenwick's window!

I can safely say it's starting to feel like Christmas and to get us in the mood we all jumped on the Metro for a day out in Newcastle. We arrived at Monument and as we climbed the steps up to street level we emerged into the middle of the Christmas market! We were surrounded by lots of food stands selling food from all over the world. Aces! We found somewhere to sit and whilst I enjoyed some sushi, Lori tucked in to a Polish meat & potato dish. Meanwhile mummy & daddy were sharing a Moroccan chicken & lamb dish. Fantastic scenes.

Here we are on our way to the Metro!

As we were leaving the market we noticed, tucked away deep inside the Dutch pop-up garden centre was Santa's grotto! I couldn't wait to see him - he asked if I'd been good this year (of course I have!) and then asked what I would like Santa to bring me. I'd like anything to do with Frozen, I think I said! We posed for pictures, shook hands and left Santa to see the next lucky child. He was having a busy day!




After dropping a few coins in for the mime artist, we headed for Fenwick's window on Northumberland Street which is always something to behold at Christmas time. The displays they put on every year always take our breath away and this year's didn't disappoint. The whole shop front playing out various scenes from Alice in Wonderland! Truly magical!

 




We headed into Eldon Square to have a look at all the weird and wonderful smellies on sale in Lush. Lori and I had a great time smelling all the products and even having a go with some bath bombs they let us test out. All the staff there were really helpful and we picked up a few products to try ourselves, when daddy gets round to fixing the bath tap that is... On the way back I was delighted to see a Frozen picture in Eldon Square!




There was just time for a bubble tea and a rest whilst mummy picked up some things from Boots - it was a busy day, my legs were really tired and we were glad for the opportunity to have a little rest on the train home. Great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment